Our mission is to serve our members and community by providing high quality, natural foods, local art and other basic goods with a focus on local and organic products. Our buying policies incorporate wholesome nutrition, respect for the environment, and support of sustainable, local agriculture and production. We are committed to educating our members and the community on nutrition, sustainable living, and other issues that foster informed choices. We shall endeavor to pay our staff livable wages and provide a vibrant place to work. Our members shall be offered diverse products priced as low as possible within the context of our values and principles, and provided a pleasant and enriching place to shop. Members are encouraged to participate in the democratic process of operating a thriving enterprise. We dedicate ourselves to socially responsible, sustainable practices that benefit the individual, the community and the planet.
Ways to Participate & Get Involved:
- It’s easy! Shopping! We are open to the public—there is no membership required to shop at the Market.
- Membership/Ownership: A lifetime membership/ownership is a $100 one-time investment. Your $100 membership also helps the Market community by providing the necessary capital for the Market to operate and grow.
A member/owner has many benefits:
- Member/Owner Discounts
- Volunteer-Member Discounts
- Monthly Member/Owner Specials
- Patronage Refunds
- At the discretion of the Market Board based on the financial position of our cooperative.
- Newsletter Subscription
- Voting Rights for Board Positions & Market Policies
- Qualification to run for a Board Position
- Investing in the Co-op: You can also invest in the co-op beyond just your membership by purchasing additional shares in the business. Please contact us to learn more.
- Volunteering: As a volunteer, you can earn additional benefits both as a member OR a non-member!
In order to receive a discount on items at the Market, all volunteers need to do is work eight or more hours per month.
- Member volunteers will receive a 10% discount.
- Non-member volunteers will receive a 5% discount. (Become a member and save more!)
- Artists who volunteer in the store will receive either (a) a higher commission for their work (85% rather than 70%) during each art pay period, or (b) the appropriate member or non-member discount.
- Discounts do not apply to art and local meat purchases.
- Discounts will be calculated monthly and applied to the next month’s purchases.